1) Legal Buddies and Events Poll
If you are interested in serving as a mentor to a new graduate student or if you are new and would like a mentor. Please check out the Matchmaker Survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NMWNVHM)
Also, please fill out the Social Survey, so the GLSA can better plan future events ((https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N56TYRH)
I will be taking both surveys down at the end of this week and introducing matched mentor/mentees thereafter.
2) GLSA Conference
The Conference committee is looking for volunteers to help with the planning of this year’s conference. If you are interested in assisting please contact Asma @ GLSA@osgoode.yorku.ca
1) Games Night @ Snakes and Lattes (600 Bloor Street West)- Wednesday October 26 @ 6:30 PM- Note there is a $5 fee to play all the boardgames
* Please note that this event has been moved due to lack of interest on the originally scheduled date of Saturday October 22
Please RSVP on the Facebook page or to me at DustinKlaudt@osgoode.yorku.ca by Monday October 24, so that I have some lead time to book tables/ arrange for appropriate tables.
2) Pub Trivia Night @ The Duke of Kent (2315 Yonge St- Yonge and Eglinton) – Tuesday November 8 @ 7PM
* Note this event has been moved to Tuesday November 22*
Trivia starts at 8pm on Tuesdays. Let’s try to get a team (or a couple) together to enjoy some pub trivia!!! I will head down around 7 to grab some tables (or I will see if I can reserve tables if enough people get back to me in time). Please RSVP by Friday Nov 3.
1) Grad/Faculty Pub Petition
YUGSA has initiated a petition to allow for a referendum on whether there should be a joint grad student-faculty run pub at York University. Please sign the petition if you support holding a referendum on this issue.
This petition can be found at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/wuw58WqFToSm4g1r1 .
* Please note that the 10% graduate student threshold for the petition has been met.
2) National Day of Action on Fees
Please note that York, U of T and Ryerson will be campaigning and demonstration at Queens Park on November 2, 2016 for the National Day of Action towards free post-secondary tuition. If you are interested, also please note that I am told that university-wide students are to have amnesty for any missed classes should they wish to attend.
3) $15 Minimum Wage Campaign
Please note that YUGSA will be canvassing on October 25, 2016 at Vari Hall for this campaign for a $15 minimum wage.
4) Please note that YUGSA is facilitating an upcoming ongoing mental health support peer group. It will be held on the first, second, and last Thursday of each month in the YUGSA Conference Room (Student Centre 435). I am told that it will be both confidential and free.